About ED Cell
Entrepreneurship is increasingly recognized as an important driver of economic growth of a country. Even Govt. of India has recognized the importance of entrepreneurship and has introduced programs like “Make in India” & “Start-up India”.
The aim of Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) at Manav School of Engineering and technology, is to develop and strengthen entrepreneurial qualities in the budding professionals who are interested in starting their own ventures. The College provides infrastructure and technical support to the students having innovative ideas to transform into new products and services for the betterment of the society. The EDC also assists all the aspirants with mentoring, planning and execution of their start up idea into a real business. The EDC has maintained a pool of Sponsors like banks, national entrepreneurship training agencies and suppliers, who are willing to aid budding entrepreneurs.
Hence an Entrepreneurship Development Cell was constituted in the college with a dedicated team of actively working faculty who has an industry exposure along with some student representatives. Aspiring engineer entrepreneurs are groomed with the necessary inputs on how to be a successful entrepreneur through workshops and seminars by eminent people from the industry. At MKCT, we encourage the students to consider self-employment as a career option, providing necessary training in Entrepreneurship skills through standardized courses. The cell also organizes different activities and events from time to time to train and motivate the students on entrepreneurship.
Our vision is to aid the development of our society by empowering entrepreneurs with veracity & sustainability and encourage individual ability and creativity.
To be the leader in empowering & aiding entrepreneurs, support the stimuli of budding entrepreneurs and exhibiting the spirit and energy of young students from ideation to start-up to establishment and scaling up with integrity and sustainability through constant guidance & mentoring through various programs and schemes.
1. To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information to budding student entrepreneurs.
2. To create Entrepreneurial culture in the Parent Institution and other institutions in the region and to promote the objectives of NSTEDB, including programme’s related to women and weaker sections of the society
3. To foster better linkages between the Parent Institution, Industries and R&D institutions in the region and other related organizations engaged in promoting Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) including NGOs and other Voluntary Organizations.
4. To catalyze and promote development of S&T based Enterprises and promote employment opportunities
5. To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level relating to SMEs and Micro Enterprises.
1. To organize Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes and Faculty Development Programmes in the region for the benefit of S&T persons.
2. To develop and introduce curriculum on Entrepreneurship Development at various levels including degree/diploma courses of the parent institution and other institutes in the region.
3. To conduct research work and survey for identifying entrepreneurial opportunities (particularly in S&T areas and Service sector).
4. To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support systems and information on various technologies
5. To organize guest lectures, TV & Radio talks, Seminars, etc. for promotion and growth of S& T based entrepreneurship.
6. To arrange visits to industries for prospective entrepreneurs
7. To extend necessary guidance and escort services to the trainees in obtaining approval and execution of their projects.
8. To act as a Regional Information Centre on business opportunities, processes, technologies, market, etc. by creating and maintaining relevant databases.
9. To provide testing, calibration, quality assurance, design, tool room, pilot plant and other facilities for Entrepreneurs besides expertise in Intellectual Property rights, Patents search, etc.
10. To render advice to sick enterprises and assist the entrepreneurs in rehabilitating them.
11. To conduct skill development training programmes leading to self/wage employment.