To provide excellent skill based technical education to rural students with innovative technical skills favorable to the industry and society.
To be recognized as a provider of high quality education in the field of mechanical engineering that enables graduates to meet the needs of society and craft intellectually research centres with world class compentency.
The Mechanical Engineering Department was established in the academic year 2013. Currently the department offers one under graduate programm, B.E in Mechanical Engineering, with an intake of 60.
The department has qualified motivated and experienced faculty and rest are with M.E./M.Tech qualification in various areas of specializations. Majority of the faculty are having varied experience of industrial, teaching and research which help to serve the students in exposing them to industrial and research environment.
The department organizes various student level technical events regularly which include workshops, guest lectures, industrial visits and technical seminars to expose the student’s inherent talent and skills. The department also organizes events like Faculty Development Programs (FDP), conferences and workshops to expose the faculty to latest technologies.
The department also conducts various certification courses in advanced technologies such as CAD / CAM, SAP in association with reputed professional training institutes.
• To provide the best possible educational facilities for training bright students for careers in technology
• To provide a creative atmosphere in which higher studies and research thrive both among the students and the faculty.
• To organise short intensive courses, conferences and seminars on current technological developments which will be of benefit to the surrounding community.
• To provide research and development consultancy, which will promote contact with and be of service to industries and to government and civic organizations
• To organize quality improvement programmes for faculty members from various engineering colleges.
• To provide leadership in curriculum design and development